Customs tariffs and fees
UBUY offers different types of Custom Clearance depending on the country of import,
Customs/Import Duties and Taxes Paid :
- Customer pays the duties and taxes in advance to UBUY upon placing the order
- No additional charges will be paid by the customer.
- If any document is required from the customer side, it is necessary for the consignee to provide the document on a timely basis.
Customs/Import Duties and Taxes Unpaid :
- Customer will not pay the duties and taxes to UBUY upon placing the order
- Charges will be settled by the customer to the carrier for customs to release the shipment.
- The customer will get an invoice from the shipping company that includes customs duty, import taxes, and other expenses.
- The customer must keep the receipt of the customs payment for future reference.
- The customer is only responsible for paying customs duty and other charges at the time of clearance; if the courier asks for extra amount at the time of delivery, please contact our customer service department immediately.
Calculating Customs/Import Duties and Taxes:
- Customs/Import duties and taxes fees levied at checkout is estimation and not the exact calculation.
- If actual customs fees exceed the estimated customs fees taken at the time of placing an order, UBUY will pay the additional fees charged.
- The above terms also apply to the shipment of any replacement product (if applicable).
Factors which play important role in estimating Customs/Import Duties and Taxes:
- Product category and price
- Shipping costs and package weight
- Customs clearance channel
- storage charges may apply for any delay to submit the required paperwork.
- Import taxes based on custom duty amounts
- Import fees as per the destination country's customs rules.
- The customer can receive multiple shipments for a single order; customs charges will be applied to the shipments accordingly.